WHAT IS UV LED PRINTING?
UV LED printing is a recent revolutionary type of printing that consists in applying the ink to the materials, with the peculiarity that the drying process is almost immediate, thanks to the UV light of the LED lamps applied.
When was LED-UV printing born?
The first UV printing prototypes have been working since 2004.
However, the very first printers used UV medium pressure mercury lamps, which had several problems, for example the lamp life, as well as the high energy consumption.
These difficulties were completely solved by UV LED lamps, which were much more long-lasting and with much lower energy consumption.
What are the benefits of UV LED printing?
UV LED printing has several advantages, including:
- The ability to print on many types of materials: from plastic to wood, from metal to ceramic, etc.
- Meeting the short run trend with high quality printing.
- Drying is much faster, with obvious advantages both in the printing process and in the subsequent bookbinding process.
- It consumes much less electricity than a traditional printer.
- It releases less CO2 and chemicals into the air.
A NECESSARY TRANSITION FOR A HEALTHIER ENVIRONMENT!
Can a printer be environmentally friendly? Despite the size, the answer is YES!
UV LED printing consumes much less energy than the traditional print drying technology and the overall CO2 emissions are significantly reduced.